This online course is developed in accordance with the most current 2020 CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, and ADA infection control recommendations to reflect new scientific knowledge and growing understanding of the principles of infection control to provide the most current information on infection control practices and principles in dental practices to minimize the transmission of healthcare associated infections.
The following components are discussed in detail during the online Webinar:
• Standard precautions
• Hand hygiene
• Personal protective equipment
• Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette
• Sharps safety
• Safe injection practices
• Sterilization and disinfection of patient-care items and devices
• Environmental infection prevention and control
• Dental unit water quality
• Program evaluation
• The impact of infectious diseases on the practice of dentistry (selected diseases are discussed)
ASCD Members get $50 discount, please contact us for the discount code.
Actual Course Content subject to change without prior notice
Infection Control for Dental Professionals
Online Webinar using Zoom Meeting, Every Thursday from 10:00AM to Noon, CDT.